So here we have the lovely Cat demonstrating one of my favourite Poses: Pigeon with a Twist! A great pose to open hips, shoulders, stretch the glutes and twist the spine.
- Start on all fours. Draw right knee to the back of the right wrist.
- Gently draw right foot towards left wrist. Do not put any undue pressure on the knee or take it beyond it’s normal range of movement. If there is any pain discontinue this asana.
- Wiggle the left leg out strong and straight behind you. Both hips should be level (use a block or blanket to prop if necessary).
- Walk your hands forward to spend five breaths in sleeping pigeon.
- Come back up. Lay your left forearm on the floor and twist your right arm behind you. If you can catch hold of your big toe then bind or use a belt to bridge the gap. Gaze to the ceiling to emphasise energy directing into the twist.